Status: Full - time Seasonal
Pay Rate: $13.00/Hour
Requested Start Date: 02/10/2020
Degree seeking individual or college grad that has great communicaiton skills, organizational skills and be great at mulititasking.
This position requires a self starter that can assist all department heads with programming and activities throughout the resort. They need to be able to live the culture, great communication skills, and a strong sales background to sell the experiences offered at the resort.
Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Take ownership of the concierge program and create a fun, professional experience for the Lifestyle Center.
- Organize, communicate, and create a memorable experience by knowing the resort, selling the experience, and assisting with all guest’s questions.
- Must be computer savvy and be able to look up information for guests, book cruises, and be able to search the internet.
- In charge of selling and stocking merchandise in the Market Gift Shop adjacent to the desk.
- Schedule meetings with Department heads and collect, organize, and communicate all departmental programming and activities to our guests.
- Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests regarding resort services, events, restaurants, airline, transportation, golf, fishing and any other information of interest.
- Make sure all flyers, app, the islander and resort boards are all updated with current offerings.
- Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, dry cleaning, etc…
- Make reservation requests for area dining, concerts, shows or events.
- Have extensive knowledge of area restaurants and provide menus for guests to review.
- Maintain and update the Concierge book.
- Assist with making reservations for High Tide Kids Club, Tennis, Adventures and any other amenities as needed.
- Provide Airport assistance as needed. Offer to print online tickets, make arrangements for airport pick up or drop off with local shuttle service etc…
- Understand the needs of the guests and the owners. Handle all issues in a friendly, positive manner.
- Maintain organization of brochures, flyers and the cleanliness of the concierge area.
- Maintain organization of Gift shop area, and restock items as necessary with assistance of Market.
- Know IQ ware and be able to make a reservation, look up a guest room and assist the front desk as needed.
Supervise the Concierge desk and take ownership by contacting department heads, collecting all information, selling the resort and creating loyalty beyond reason.
Educational and/or equivalence in experience requirements:
Preferably a Bachelor in Hospitality or equivalent.
Hospitality / Concierge Experience and knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Computer Knowledge, Word, Excel
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Ability to organize and effectively present information to respond to questions from guests, owners and fellow team members.
Specialized equipment or machines used in the course of the duties of the position.
Computer, printer, calculator and standard office equipment and machines as required.
The Concierge program is a high energy, interactive position with ability to stand for long periods of time, be able to lift and sell merchandise, be able to move around the resort, and be able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High traffic area, fun environment with moderate to high noise level.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work with low to moderate supervision and a high degree of autonomy.