POSITION STATUS: Seasonal Part -Time
PAY RATE: $11/HOURLY
HOURS: 8am - 7pm Daily
REQUESTED START DATE: 02.23.2020 END DATE (if seasonal) 10.31.2020
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The main function of this position is to offer support to the Adventures management team by answering all phone calls that come to the Adventure’s Depot and handling all scheduling of Adventure’s activities. Some duties may include assisting Office Manager with clerical work.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ·Answering the Depot office phone, checking voicemails, and returning phone calls.
- File purchase orders daily.
- Assist the Office Manager with entering charge information daily into the P.O.S. system.
- Handle the booking of reservations for the pontoon boat, paddle boarding sessions, fishing charter, FWC courses, and dolphin cruises. Inform managers and front line employees of reservations.
- Responsible for processing the insurance portion of the golf cart rental process for depot attendants.
- Acting in a manner that reflects the culture and values of Premier Island Management Group.
- Assist the Office Manager, by frequently checking the weather and updating front line managers and staff of incoming inclement weather conditions and informing them of the plan of action.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES OR PROJECTS:
- Monitoring the tidiness of the Adventure’s Depot. Assisting with clean-up when necessary.
- Occasionally assisting Depot Attendants with rental process of bicycles, scooters, or golf carts
- Records: Keeping accurate reservation sheets for all adventure activities.
- Safety: All safety and security concerns need to be reported to a manager immediately.
- Customer Service: All employees of premier Island Management Group are expected to show great levels of customer service.
- Dept. Specific: This position will primarily be answering phone calls and dealing with guest reservations of activities that the Adventure’s Dept. offers. This person should always project their voice in a pleasant and helpful tone when speaking with guests and other employees on property.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. (preferred)
SPECIALIZED OR TECHNICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing required.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions when furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively follow directions.
- Ability to interact well with guests, owners, and co-workers.
- Personal Computer, printer, calculator, two-way radios, and standard office equipment and machines as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee might be required to do some intense physical labor, such as carrying heavy items through the sand. The ability to work in a hot and humid environment is also required.
- The Adventures Depot. During the summer months this area will be extremely hot and humid. The employee will not be significantly affected by the sun while working in this environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and a high degree of autonomy.