POSITION STATUS: SEASONAL PART TIME
PAY RATE: $10.00/HOUR
REQUESTED START DATE: 02.17.2020 END DATE (if seasonal) 11.30.2020
HOURS/DAYS: Crusie schedule varies by season. Must be flexible.
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To serve the Captain and assist with daily maintenance, cleaning, and operation of the Adventures boats, specifically the Portofino I. This includes making sure guest and owners are charged appropriately and that those charges get rung up through the correct POS.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Act in a manner that reflects the values of Premier Island Management Group
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Support team to reach common goals
- Adhere to company non-negotiables and culture
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Assist the Captain in docking the boat by tying dock lines to cleats quickly and effectively.
- Clean the boat daily. This includes cleaning the curtains, cushions, carpet, deck, as well as the sides and roof of the boat.
- Assisting the Captain with the routine maintenance, such as changing the oil, impellers, washing the vessel, etc...
- Ensure that each guest is charged appropriately for their cruise. (Public/Owners/Guests)
- Make sure the boat has all the necessary equipment and supplies.
- Check in each guest as they board the boat and ensure they do so safely and that someone is always close to the entrance way when guests are boarding the vessel.
- Keep a sharp eye out for dolphin and make the Captain aware when they are spotted.
- Take photos of guests, dolphin and scenery during each cruise on the ipad and email to Director so that these can be used in social media platforms to drive business.
- Consistent monitor bathroom activity during cruises to ensure we offer clean and functional facilities for our guests.
- SELL, SELL, SELL - Promote all amenities of the PIMG including Portofino Island Resort and our boardwalk businesses.
- Report any accident personal or guest’s injury to management
- Monitor the weather conditions and communication with Captain and Director any concerns
- Promote sells of food and beverage.
- Check IDs for all alcohol sales.
- Keep an accurate count of inventory for the vessel and supply the team with a detailed list of items needed for the next cruise.
- Keep inventory on the boat and in the depot organized and clean.
- Turn in cash sales at end of each shift and ensure that petty cash change is ready in envelope for next cruise.
- Deposit sales per cruise into the safe located in the Adv Depot.
- Ensure that all tips are split evenly among boat cruise per cruise.
- Interact with guests and owners in a friendly manner.
- Provide great customer service to our guests to ensure we create loyalty beyond reason.
- Must be comfortable with children. Entertaining them with games and keeping them comfortable on the boat.
· Bottom jobs
· Boat repair
· Impeller changes
· Private functions
· Records: Maintain accurate logbook. Employee is responsible for all sales, end of shift financial reports, and daily inventory records.
· Safety: Ensure the safety of all passengers, guests, owners, employees, as well as other boaters.
· Customer Service: Provide the best customer service possible by being an active deckhand by interacting with the guests and owners.
· Dept. Specific: Responsible for making sure the proper guests are charged for the appropriate services/products and that those charges get posted correctly. Be honest and reliable. This includes arriving to work on time, accomplishing assigned tasks, and being a hard worker.
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Deckhand experience
· Boater’s Education Certification
· Bartending experience (preferred, not required)
SPECIALIZED OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to solve practical problems.
· Ability to efficiently operate a P.O.S. terminal.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions when furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
· Ability to effectively follow directions.
· Ability to interact well with guests, owners, and co-workers
· The ability to work pumps, power tools, pressure washers, etc. or any tool or machine necessary to maintain the boat.
· Occasionally required to lift heavy objects or do substantial manual labor. Regularly required to scrub the boat, using a great deal of upper body strength. Also required to stand/walk for long periods of time. Must have good vision in order to safely navigate in bad weather or at nighttime.
· Outdoors, typically at Adventure Cove or on the Santa Rosa Sound.