POSITION STATUS: SEASONAL PART -TIME
PAY RATE: $10.50/HOUR
REQUESTED START DATE: 02.10.2020 END DATE (if seasonal) 09.13.2020
HOURS/DAYS: Operation is open daily. Must be flexible w/availabitity.
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To facilitate, promote and sell a great beach/bay experience, charge guests for rental items, and provide great customer service.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Act in a manner that reflects the values of Premier Island Management Group
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Support team to reach common goals
- Adhere to company non-negotiables and culture
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Rent water sports equipment making sure to thoroughly explain how to safely and correctly use each rental item. This includes explaining the boundaries and rules for each rental item/activity.
- Sell Adventures packages
- Correctly charge guests and owners for Adventure Cove activities when necessary
- Make sure all rental paperwork and waivers are filled out completely and properly
- Assist guests with putting on life vests and ensure they are fitted securely
- Assist guests with boarding equipment
- Walk the line frequently to make sure everyone has paid for their beach chairs or is a Premier Club member
- Using the clip system for sets to make sure all seated guests have been checked-in
- Treat equipment with care, taking all precautions not to damage equipment or tools that the team needs on a daily basis and ensuring that equipment is always stored properly
- Report any accident personal or guests injury to management
- Report any equipment damage to management
- SELL, SELL, SELL – Be sales oriented and take advantage of any opportunity to inform our guests of the resort amenities they can take part in during their stay
- Monitor the activity in the water, keeping an eye on guests to ensure life jackets are being worn properly, they are staying in the boundaries and following rules
OCCASIONAL DUTIES or projects which may be performed at irregular intervals:
- Set-up and Breakdown Adventures Beach, including chair sets, tents, rental equipment
- Walking the line to gather trash from people sitting in beach set-ups.
- To fix and repair any broken rental items.
- Building of chair boxes, trash cans, or other examples of master carpentry.
- Dealing with disgruntled guests/owners.
- Ensure that trash can are kept neat and not overfilled. Take trash to appropriate dumpsters.
- Records: Employee is responsible for all sales tickets/receipts, end of shift financial reports, and daily inventory records.
- Safety: Employee must maintain a safe working environment at all times. This includes looking out for the safety of co-workers, guests, owners, and the general public.
- Customer Service: Providing the best possible guest service.
- Dept. Specific: Being honest and reliable. This includes arriving to work on time, accomplishing assigned tasks, and being a hard worker. Employee is responsible for making sure all products are turned in at the end of each day, completing a daily inventory log, and then storing each item accordingly. Employee is also responsible for meeting daily sales goals set by the department.
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Sales experience (preferred)
SPECIALIZED OR TECHNICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to efficiently operate a P.O.S. terminal.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions when furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively follow directions.
- Ability to interact well with guests, owners, and co-workers.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Kayaks, sailboats, boogie boards, paddle boards, and surf boards. Other equipment to be used may include, but is not limited to, a personal computer, P.O.S. terminal, printer, calculator and standard office equipment and machines as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee will be required to do some intense physical labor, such as carrying heavy items through the sand. Strength and stamina will be required in order to perform this job. The ability to work in a hot and humid environment is also required
- Primarily outdoors (Adventure Beach or Adventure Cove) as well as some degree of office work.
- Must be capable of completing this type of physical labor. Employee needs to be highly extroverted and motivated to sell. Failure to meet sales goals will result in termination from the position.