POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
- Health Benefits
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored Wellness Program
HOURS / DAYS: 50 hours/week, variable work days and hours, variable days off.
PAY RATE: Salary $40,000.00
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the success of all food and beverage operations at Premier Island Adventure park. This position will ensure we are creating positive and differentiating memories for each guest while maintaining and improving upon operational standards.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure 100% guest satisfaction by providing an unbelievable guest experience and creating positive memories for each guest.
- Ensure each team member is fully and completely trained to perform their job functions to the high Premier Island standard.
- Work with the Executive Food & Beverage team to ensure the financial success of the establishment.
- Maintain the highest safety and sanitation standards.
- Complete monthly food and beverage inventories and follow all accounting processes fully and completely, meeting all deadlines.
- Be present on the floor during service hours, interacting with guests and staff as necessary.
- Maintain all equipment and ensure all necessary supplies are stocked at all times.
- Complete any additional duties as necessary or as assigned by the Executive Food and Beverage team.
Records: Submitting and maintaining appropriate employee files, invoices, inventories, etc.
Safety: Responsible for ensure a safe work environment, submitting any requests for improvements and ensuring timely follow through.
Customer Service: Ensuring 100% guest satisfaction through creating positive memories.
Dept. Specific: Completing all tasks required for operational success and additional tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
This position will be responsible for supervising a team of 5-50 employees. The Food and Beverage Manager will be responsible for ensuring all team members are properly trained and holding the team accountable to the Premier Island Values and Non-Negotiables.
At least two (2) years progressive supervisory experience in a restaurant environment. Higher Education in Hospitality preferred.
A college degree in Business, Culinary, Hospitality, or related field is preferred but not required should experience be adequate. A food safety manager certification is required.
This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; walking, sometimes, at a fast pace. This position may also need to lift up to 50lbs. This position will be working in an outdoor environment and may be subjected to high temperatures.
The food and beverage manager will be working in an outdoor environment. Exposure to consistent sunlight and high temperatures may occur. In an outdoor environment, the noise level may be high but is expected to be tolerable.