POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
- Health Benefits
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored Wellness Program
Summary of the main function/purpose of the position:
To assist the Director of Maintenance in day-to-day operations of the maintenance department. Set strategic goals, to ensure that all company Mission, Vision, and Values are followed by all maintenance employees. Supervise the hourly and salaried employees to ensure they are providing great customer service to all owners and guests. Assist the Director of Associations in the handling of all Tower and Master Association special projects.
Key Principal duties/responsibilities:
- Supervision of maintenance personnel with the emphasis on tower maintenance and pool maintenance specifically.
- Overseeing vendors, bidding process for any project performed in Portofino and assist Director of Maintenance in performing these tasks. Construction administration.
- Assist HOA management with all Tower or Master Association special projects.
- Ensure that there is direct supervision of the Trade positions.
- Assist Director of Maintenance with overseeing and control of purchasing orders for HOA, Courtesy patrol and maintenance department.
- Interviews and hires all maintenance employees; is responsible for training of all maintenance employees.
- Ensure all Customer complaints are handled in a courteous and professional manner.
- Available by phone at any time to assist with maintenance emergencies.
Occasional duties or projects which may be performed at irregular intervals:
- Supervise hurricane preparation process for the entire property.
- Assisting all maintenance technicians with technical questions and guidance.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the management.
Accountability - Areas in which the position is accountable/responsible:
- Records: Maintain accurate financial, payroll and work records in both electronic and paper forms.
- Customer Service: Assist owners and guests with any needs. Respond to customer complaints and resolve them in professional and courteous manner.
- Department Specific: Hands-on management of the maintenance staff.
- Safety: Perform all assigned task safely and train other employees.
Supervises tower maintenance, unit maintenance and pool maintenance divisions with the emphasis on tower and pool maintenance.
Educational and/or equivalence in experience requirements:
BA or BS degree in Engineering, Architecture or Science required. Minimum of five years management experience required.
Specialized or technical educational requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance areas including, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools operations and construction.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Project management skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instructions and reports.
- Ability to produce clear and concise reports and present this information to association board of directors.
- Prepare basic Business correspondence.
- Mathematical skills including statistics.
- Analytical skills including reasoning and logic. Ability to interpret data and derive the conclusions.
Certification or licensing requirements:
Valid Florida Driver’s License Computer skills: work processing, spreadsheets, power point, internet and e-mail. Understanding of computer office software and telephone system.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee will often be required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift up to 50 lb.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outside: 50%, Inside: 50%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work with minimum supervision and a high degree of autonomy.