POSITION STATUS: SEASONAL PART-TIME
PAY RATE: $10.50
HOURS/DAYS: OPERATION OPEN DAILY. MUST BE FLEXIBLE W/AVAILABILITY.
REQUESTED START DATE: 02.10.2020 END DATE (if seasonal) 09.13.2020
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To rent Water-sports equipment and to sell all-inclusive packages to guests and owners, as well as assist guests and owners with equipment, and maintain a safe environment at Adventure Cove.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Act in a manner that reflects the values of Premier Island Management Group
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Support team to reach common goals
- Adhere to company non-negotiables and culture
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Rent water sports equipment making sure to thoroughly explain for to safely and correctly use each rental item. This includes explaining the boundaries and rules for each rental item/activity.
- Sell Adventures packages
- Correctly charge guests and owners for Adventure Cove activities when necessary
- Move and set-up rented equipment for guests
- Supply guests with all needed equipment for activities including life vests, paddles, etc…
- Assist guests with putting on life vests and ensure they are fitted securely
- Assist guests with boarding equipment
- Give basic instruction on rental equipment
- Explain and enforce rules regarding Adventure Cove equipment and Waterpark to ensure safety
- Make sure all rental paperwork and waivers are filled out completely and properly
- Keep an eye on waterpark to make sure everyone has a life jacket, no one is sneaking on, and everyone on the park is following the rules
- Walk the line frequently to make sure everyone has paid for their beach chairs or is a Premier Club member
- Using the clip system for sets to make sure all seated guests have been checked-in
- Treat equipment with care, taking all precautions not to damage equipment or tools that the team needs on a daily basis and ensuring that equipment is always stored properly
- Report any accident personal or guests injury to management
- Report any equipment damage to management
- SELL, SELL, SELL – Be sales oriented and take advantage of any opportunity to inform our guests of the resort amenities they can take part in during their stay
OCCASIONAL DUTIES OR PROJECTS
- Set-up and Break-down Adventure Cove Water park
- Set-up and Break-down Adventure beach sets
- Organize guest activities, such as relay race on water park or kayaking/paddle board races
- Run chase boat/jet ski in the event that a guest has not arrived at the appointed time or needs assistance.
- Practice proper radio etiquette when communicating on all radio types
- Must be comfortable getting into the water often for placing inflatables, searching for anchor lines, scrubbing barnacles, etc…
- Records: Correctly charging guests and owners for rentals. Making sure tickets/charges are written correctly with all information needed to run the charge through our Point of Sale system.
- Safety: Closely watching Water-park to ensure all rules are being followed. Making sure all guests who have rented equipment return safely
- Customer Service: Providing the best customer service in accordance with PIMG policies and procedures
- Dept. Specific: Ensure that all equipment in need of maintenance is reported to the Adventures Cove Manager and/or Adventures Director.
- Making sure all guests use our rental items in a safe manner. Also, monitoring incoming weather through communications with Adventures management.
- Use of chase ski to monitor guest safe using rental equipment.
- Must have superior knowledge of the use of water sports equipment, specifically Kayaks, Jet Skis and Paddle Boards. High school diploma or greater level of education preferred. Florida Boater’s License preferred. Customer service experience required.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Florida Boater’s Education ID Card
- FWC Livery Certification
- Personal Computer, printer, and standard office equipment as well as point of sale terminal as required.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and move heavy equipment. The employee will be required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to swim. Employee must be able to operate job specific equipment. The physical demands of this position are very intense and frequently involve difficult manual labor.
- The employee will be working in a very hot and humid outdoor environment. Sunglasses and sunscreen are highly recommended as well as staying hydrated.