POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
- Health Benefits
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored Wellness Program
PAY RATE: $13.75/hour
Summary of the main function/purpose of the position:
To perform trade maintenance and repairs in units and common areas.
Key Principal duties/responsibilities (5-8):
- Perform repairs in units.
- Perform PM in units.
- Complex repairs in common areas.
- Assist tower maintenance and lifestyle center maintenance.
- Special projects.
- Working with vendors and contractors in units and common areas.
Occasional duties or projects which may be performed at irregular intervals:
- Open doors for vendors.
- Hurricane preparation.
- Unloading trucks.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the management.
Accountability: Areas in which the position is accountable/responsible:
- Records: Maintenance work orders, PM checklists, and unit inspection sheets.
- Safety: Perform all assigned task safely.
- Customer Service: Assist owners and guests with any needs.
- Dept. Specific: units and common area repairs.
Educational and/or equivalence in experience requirements:
- High school diploma required. Vocational training preferred
Specialized or technical educational requirements:
- Advanced maintenance skills required: basic appliance repairs, minor carpentry, minor electrical, drywall repairs and finishing, painting, basic plumbing repairs and other typical maintenance tasks.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instructions and reports
- Ability to organize and write reports and work orders. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions when furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Certification or licensing requirements:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Trade certification is a plus
Specialized equipment or machines used in the course of the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate power tools and hand tools. Ability to operate specialty equipment such as dingo tractor, power blower, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift up to 50 lb.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 90% inside, 10% outside
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and a high degree of autonomy.