JOB STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
- Health Benefits
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored Wellness Program
Salary Position: Salary based on experience
Hours/Days: Variable, 55-60 hours per week.
Start Date: Negotiable
SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FUNCTION/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the overall financial success and creative process of kitchen functions at Laguna's.
KEY PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead menu development and features at Laguna's, updating the menu seasonally.
- Control inventory and food cost.
- Prepare schedules and meet or exceed labor budget.
- Control all other related BOH costs.
- Continuously train all BOH team members.
- Exceed safety and sanitation guidelines and ensure consistent organization throughout all BOH operations.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Complete and/or oversee all BOH ordering.
- Support the line staff when necessary.
- Food Cost: meet or exceed financial goals.
- Labor: Control labor cost by writing appropriate schedules and managing throughout the shift.
- Board of Health: Ensure all food safety and sanitation guidelines are exceeded.
- Creative: Design and develop menus according to industry trends and local market.
- Supervise approximately 10-20 BOH employees.
- Restaurant Culinary and Kitchen Management background, at least 3-5 years experience in kitchen management role.
- B.S. in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, or Business preferred.
- Certified Food Protection Manager certificate required.
- Cooking utensils
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment - gas stoves, ovens, fryers, grills
- Dish washing equipment
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to work in elevated levels of heat for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak.
- Typical kitchen environment. Heat levels may be elevated at times.
- Loud noises may persistent. Consistent talking is necessary.
- Outdoor beach environment at times.