Popular Pays is the leading content creation software for brands and agencies. Our workflow and collaboration tools make the production of social content faster and more cost-effective than ever, without sacrificing creative control. Marketers can choose to partner with our global community of social media influencers and creative freelancers, or their own private networks. You can find content powered by Pop Pays on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube!
Popular Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Corona, TOMS, and many more.
We’re looking for a sales professional with experience building relationships to join our Enterprise sales team. This team is charged with coaching these clients to not just see success in social and branded content but to see Popular Pays as a partner and tool-of-choice. You will need to develop expert knowledge of our product and stay up-to-date on trends in social media and branded content marketing. The Enterprise sales team works directly with Sales Planners (pre-sale) and Client Success Managers (post-sale) to execute and optimize successful programs. We're looking for candidates on the East Coast, preferably in New York City.
This role is a player/coach position– candidates should expect to carry a quota Year #1 while serving as a mentor and coach for the sales team in the New York office. They will also aid in additional team responsibilities like hiring. Player/coach roles at Pop Pays have a line of sight to being a Regional VP with good performance, at which level they will be a full regional manager who can speak into hiring, compensation, performance, and team structure decisions. Regional VPs are also given a team goal versus only an individual one.
- Generate new business from agency and large brand partners on your account list.
- Manage and grow existing business while reducing customer turnover.
- Provide partners with product and industry updates as it relates to their social programs.
- Offer creative solutions to partners using your understanding of industry trends and Popular Pays capabilities and partnerships.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with Client Success Management Team to ensure a smooth campaign flow.
- Participate in tradeshows, workshops, seminars and events on behalf of Popular Pays to collect qualified leads and keep up with market trends.
- Act as an evangelist for the brand, fostering relationships and gaining trust of consumers.
- Serve as coach to small team of NY based Client Partners.
- Help with screening potential new additions to the NY team.
- Help onboard new NY hires, attend pitches with them, and aid with objection handling and coaching on specific opportunities.
- Min 6+ years sales experience, preferably to agencies and large brands.
- Experience and knowledge of the digital and social ad landscape.
- Successful history of meeting monthly sales and retention goals.
- Start up and/or SaaS experience a plus.
Our ideal candidate:
- Knows how to prioritize.
- Is self motivated and can work under minimal supervision.
- Has a strong ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Is excited about working with the team to foster and grow our partnerships.
- Can set expectations and reinforce them in an engaging and friendly way.
- Can communicate complex information and insights in a simple, clear and convincing manner, tailoring messages to suit various audiences.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and an ability to assimilate complex data and information and process it to address certain needs and issues.
- Is comfortable making decisions on their own, but knows when to ask for help.
- Cares about what we're building.
- Is reliable; we need to depend on each other!
- Is patient, kind, respectful, and honest.