Popular Pays makes software for collaborating with content creators and influencers. Our product is a tech platform that streamlines the traditional content creation process providing marketers with the necessary tools to be successful in today’s modern social marketing landscape.
Pop Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Revlon, Uber, and many more.
We are a fast-growing company who has closed $12.6m in venture capital and is rapidly investing in scaling our sales & marketing efforts.
As a member of the Enterprise team, you will help source and qualify businesses who could be potential customers of our platform solution for their influencer marketing or content creation work.
This a ramp-up role to an Account Executive position, where you can develop a very lucrative sales career. If you are ambitious, eager to grow your sales career, and want to get your foot in the door with a growing company, this position is for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 6 months or more experience as an SDR / BDR hitting quota in a SaaS company– bonus points if it's in MarTech!
- Has a knowledge of best practices for sourcing and qualifying companies, and knows sales basics like objection handling.
- Is proficient at email and other electronic outreach (social, etc) as well as has experience getting results with outreach by phone.
- Is results-driven, but can complete a large volume of outbound prospecting activity.
- Is familiar with various sales intelligence tools to make their output smarter and more efficient.
- Is creative about outreach out to companies without seeming overly salesy, and is consultative in his/her approach.
- Can ramp up quickly with an understanding of our product, social media and influencer marketing, as well as our competitive landscape.
- Is competitive, enjoys interacting with people, and importantly: wants a career in sales!
- Is ambitious, motivated by the challenge of identifying new business opportunities, and is driven to exceed company, team, and individual goals.
- Is patient, kind, reliable, respectful, and honest.
Example tasks & responsibilities:
- Prospecting new leads via outbound email and phone calls to setup meetings; quickly engaging customers and overcoming objections; disqualifying bad fits.
- Qualifying inbound leads.
- Managing existing leads in SalesForce and finding new lists to go after.
- Taking and implementing feedback and coaching from your leadership team.
- Meeting monthly sales goals, earning commission and getting promoted!
We expect each other to be good enough to teach, but willing to listen and learn. It’s important to us to:
- build a great product
- be intentional about our culture
- have a diverse team
- foster community between our creators, brands, and ourselves
- Competitive base salary plus commission.
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Paid trip for two for your two year work-iversary and a paid sabbatical after 5 years.
- Subsidized health care for you and your dependents (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance.)
- Company 401(k)
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more.
- A fresh laptop, noise-cancelling headphones, & a motorized sit/stand desk.