- Popular Pays is seeking an operations manager to help with the daily running of the business with a focus on sales operations as that department is scaling very quickly.
- Example tasks might include helping with onboarding new teammates, creating new Salesforce reports and delivering key metrics to our leadership & finance teams, and being a point person to our various 3rd parties (benefits broker, IT vendor, etc.) More complete example tasks are below!
- This role will give an excellent and broad view of running a Series B company and is growth-oriented; as much as you can take on we will give, and it will teach you how to operationalize, optimize, and run a business.
- Global ad spend on influencer marketing is estimated to hit $5B+ by 2020, and the volume and variety of content needed by brands grows at an ever-increasing rate each year. We’re now in a world where a brand like McDonald’s doesn’t need 4 commercials a year, they need 4,000 pieces of content per year ranging from new formats like Instagram Stories to classic :15 ads for Facebook or YouTube. In fact, McDonald’s CMO said they are producing ~5k pieces of content per year, and that was back in 2016!
At Pop Pays, we’re building the operating system for collaborating with Creators, to provide our clients the most robust all-in-one software solution for influencer marketing and content creation.
Some company highlights worth sharing:
- We recently raised our Series B, with over $12.6M in funding to date
- Our CEO, Corbett Drummey, was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing and Advertising in 2018.
- Our company is a member of Facebook and Pinterest’s marketing partner programs.
- Popular Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company.
- We have 40 employees and are hoping to add 10+ more by the end of the year.
- Check out our 2018 Sizzle Reel, recapping some of the best content generated by creators on our platform last year – the video itself was put together by one of our creators!
- Content created on our platform has been posted to billions of followers online, boosted to millions more via digital ads, repurposed for in-store menu boards, dropped into consumer’s mailboxes as part of direct mail campaigns, and featured amongst the bright lights of Times Square on billboards
- Top-notch clients who have benefited from the Pop Pays platform include brands like Bose, Revlon, Coca Cola, Samsung, McDonald’s, Walmart, Valvoline, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Corona, Macy’s, and many more.
# Had you been with us in the last 6 months, you would have:
- Onboarded 6-8 new employees, helping them get setup with our systems and processes.
- Created new Salesforce reports to better understand and measure rep productivity.
- Interviewed our new recruits to figure out how to improve our onboarding process, suggested changes, then implemented them.
- Gotten info requests from the finance team and delivered them key metrics for their reporting.
- Track company-wide KPIs and help us identify which ones we need to focus more on and suggest ways to do so.
- Created a system to sync our DocuSigned documents with our Dropbox folder for record keeping.
- Gathered together information in emails and Google docs floating around and compiling it into our Employee Handbook.
- Worked with our third party vendors, including our benefits broker, business insurance firm, landlord, and IT firm.
- Worked as head of Facilities to restock items the business needs, ranging from snacks to electronics.
- Helped file key info with the state of Delaware.
- Organized our legal flow of requests to our corporate & commercial legal teams, making sure tasks don’t fall through the cracks.
- Booked a venue for a team retreat and helped plan a run-of-show for that day.
- Ordered and planned a lunch & learn.
- Created a gifting program for our sellers to utilize for their top clients.
- Run our H1’19 team retreat and kickoff.
- Organized team outings.
- Been a stakeholder in product conversations to see if our Engineering team should work on internal tooling to make the Ops team more efficient.
- Assisted in fundraising or financing efforts and prepared materials for them.
- Gathered due diligence documents that a bank requested after we applied for a line of Credit.
# What We’d Like in a Candidate
- We want someone who has a genuine interest in the area of operations and a strong aptitude to learn; we don’t just want you to do the work, we want you to identify the root problem and create iterative and scalable solutions that solve it.
- Strong skills with Salesforce are heavily preferred and will be screened/tested for but are not required.
- An extreme focus on results (outputs, not inputs!) is also important, as is an open-minded approach toward learning and growing. Ambition is a plus, and a desire for self-improvement will go a long way.
- We’d like someone who thrives in a start-up environment, with experience successfully setting up and scaling processes.
- We want you to have a genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
- Bonus points if you have experience working on legal contracts, some financial chops or experience, but these are not required.
# Why You Should Work Here:
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network.
- Work when it works for you, with flexible work hours and a generous vacation policy.
- Top notch benefits package, including subsidized healthcare, transit, and 401(k) plans
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more.
- A fresh laptop, motorized sit/stand desk + budget to build it out, and a massive monitor to take your spreadsheet game to the next level.
- A subsidized 2-week trip to celebrate your 2-year anniversary, and a paid 1-month sabbatical after 5 years.
- An awesome office in the West Loop, close to restaurants, bars, and public transit options.