Popular Pays is a marketplace that connects brands and creators to produce custom content that works. Our primary product is a tech platform that streamlines the traditional content creation process providing marketers with the necessary tools to be successful in today’s modern social marketing landscape.
PopPays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Corona, TOMS, and many more.
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team in Chicago. In this role you will help build our applications using primarily Ruby on Rails and Ember.js.
We’re looking for folks with 2+ years of professional experience to help us build out our SaaS Influencer/Creator product for Brands.
- You are a smart and engaging person who cares about solving business problems and can help our team keep a robust and sustainable pace.
- You have the maturity and skill that comes with practical, hands-on technical experience.
- You take pride in your work, but don’t attach your ego to it.
- You have the confidence to express your opinions, but the humility to learn from your experience and listen to others.
- You like working closely with others and thrive in a team setting.
- You have a positive attitude and are interested in challenging and growing yourself as a part of a great team.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have:
- Collaborated with teammates to figure out the best way to tackle a user story from one of our projects.
- Worked with and learned from experienced backend and frontend engineers.
- Come into the office and been pleasantly surprised by the presence of donuts (at least once).
- Reviewed code from your teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Had your code reviewed by your teammates for correctness, quality, and readability.
- Deployed code to production almost as quickly as your code is merged.
- Attended a retrospective and brainstormed solutions to problems in our development process and then worked with the team to implement them.
- Taught something to a teammate.
- Been mentored by a teammate.
What We Expect
- Some general software development experience and a resume of building a web app or mobile app.
- Strong skills in Rails or Ember or Both.
- Desire to learn best practices for creating and deploying modern web applications with things like automated testing and error monitoring.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- A genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
- These expectations are a guide; apply and tell us why you’d be great here even if you don’t meet them all!
Why You Should Work Here:
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- Subsidized health care
- Paid parental leave
- Company 401(k)
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more
- A fresh laptop, noise-cancelling headphones, & a motorized sit/stand desk
- An amazing office in West Loop
- $1,750 bonus towards a travel/wellness experience after 2 years. Treat yo self!
- An 4 week paid sabbatical after 5 years