Popular Pays makes software for collaborating with content creators and influencers. Our product is a tech platform that streamlines the traditional content creation process providing marketers with the necessary tools to be successful in today’s modern social marketing landscape.
Pop Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Revlon, Uber, and many more.
We are a fast-growing company who has closed $12.6m in venture capital and is rapidly investing in scaling our sales & marketing efforts.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will help source and qualify businesses who could be potential customers of our SaaS solution for their influencer marketing or content creation work. If you are ambitious, eager to grow your sales career, and want to get your foot in the door with a growing company, this position is for you.
- 6+ months experience as an SDR / BDR hitting quota in a SaaS Mar/Tech company
- Is familiar with various sales intelligence tools to make their output smarter and more efficient.
- Has a knowledge of best practices for sourcing and qualifying companies, and knows sales basics like objection handling.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is proficient at email and other electronic outreach (social, etc) as well as has experience getting results with outreach by phone.
- Is results-driven, but can complete a large volume of outbound prospecting activity.
- Is creative about outreach out to companies and is consultative in his/her approach.
- Can ramp up quickly with an understanding of our product, social media and influencer marketing, as well as our competitive landscape.
- Is competitive, enjoys interacting with people, and importantly: wants a career in sales!
- Is ambitious, motivated by the challenge of identifying new business opportunities, and is driven to exceed company, team, and individual goals.
- Is patient, kind, reliable, respectful, and honest.
Example tasks & responsibilities:
- Prospecting new leads via outbound email and phone calls to setup meetings; quickly engaging customers and overcoming objections; disqualifying bad fits.
- Qualifying inbound leads.
- Managing existing leads in SalesForce and finding new lists to go after.
- Taking and implementing feedback and coaching from your leadership team.
- Meeting monthly sales goals, earning commission and getting promoted!
We expect each other to be good enough to teach, but willing to listen and learn. It’s important to us to:
- build a great product
- be intentional about our culture
- have a diverse team
- foster community between our creators, brands, and ourselves
- Competitive base salary plus commission.
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network.
- Work when it works for you, with flexible work hours and a generous vacation policy.
- Paid trip for two for your two year work-iversary and a paid sabbatical after 5 years.
- Subsidized health care for you and your dependents (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance.)
- Company 401(k)
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more.
- A fresh laptop, noise-cancelling headphones, & a motorized sit/stand desk.
- An amazing office in the West loop close to bars, food, & transportation.