Popular Pays’ primary product is a tech platform connecting Creators with Brands to generate content worth sharing - so shareable in fact, the fruits of these collaborations have been posted to billions of followers online, boosted to millions more via digital ads, repurposed for in-store menu boards, dropped into consumer’s mailboxes as part of direct mail campaigns, and featured amongst the bright lights of Times Square on billboards.
PopPays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Corona, TOMS, and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced iOS product designer to take our mobile design to the next level. In this role you’ll help shape the solutions, improvements, and new features we implement in our mobile app, while lending your design talents to web-based and marketing projects from time to time too.
Both full-time and freelance candidates may apply.
# What you'd do:
- Create thoughtful solutions for interesting & challenging design projects while collaborating with developers and the product team.
- Pair with a product manager and tech lead during the discovery phase of projects, ensuring we understand the problems we’re looking to tackle to inform the solutions we choose to implement.
- Translate research and business requirements into user flows, wireframes, and high–fidelity UI/mockups.
- Understand and apply best practices of iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Create thorough designs that gracefully handle many states of data and error handling.
- Maintain and follow a design language for a consistent user experience through the app.
- Communicate the interactivity of your designs through prototyping tools and collaboration.
- Work closely with engineers to translate designs into code.
- Work with other designers to create a consistent experience between web and iOS users.
- Maintain and evolve brand standards across product and marketing designs.
- Lend a hand on web-based and marketing projects, as the design needs of our business require.
# Nice to Have, but Not Required:
- You have a couple of apps in the App Store
# What we use:
InVision, Sketch, Zeplin, Framer, Adobe CC, GitHub, Slack, Trello.
# How to apply:
We'd love to learn more about you! Please send us:
- Your portfolio (required)
- Your résumé (required)
- Samples of interactive prototypes
- App Store links to the apps you've designed and are proud of!
# Why You Should Work Here:
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Work when it works for you, with flexible work hours and a generous vacation policy
- Subsidized health care (for you + dependents)
- Nutritious & delicious lunches catered to our office everyday
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more
- Company 401(k) being implemented by the end of the year
- A fresh laptop, massive wide-screen external monitor, noise-cancelling headphones, and a motorized sit/stand desk
- An inspiring office in the West loop, close to restaurants, bars, and public transit options