Popular Pays makes software for collaborating with content creators and influencers. Our product is a tech platform that streamlines the traditional content creation process providing marketers with the necessary tools to be successful in today’s modern social marketing landscape.
Pop Pays is a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator” according to Fast Company – and our top-notch client list includes brands like Google, Macy’s, Coca Cola, McDonald’s, Jim Beam, M&Ms, Amazon, Samsung, Revlon, Uber, and many more.
We're looking for a sales professional with SaaS experience who will be responsible for selling our software platform to brands and agencies on a monthly recurring basis. You will be on our team of 8 sellers but the first one fully dedicated to SaaS, so it's a big opportunity to shape how we approach selling and marketing our platform. We're looking for someone senior enough to lead the conversation who can grow in responsibility as the department does, but we absolutely want someone who can close business and hit their goals with consistency.
You will need to bring an understanding of SaaS systems and best practices and apply your knowledge to shape our team’s processes. You will also need to develop expert knowledge of the Popular Pays’ product and stay up-to-date on trends in social media marketing. You'll be working directly with Client Success Managers who monitor the retention of our clients, handle renewals, and make sure our clients are successful on our platform. This will be an inside sales role focused on SMB and Growth accounts, both brands and agencies.
- Qualify and pitch prospective inbound leads.
- Prospect new leads, manage existing leads on SalesForce, setup meetings with qualified buyers, and close them.
- Develop frameworks around qualifying leads and identifying our ideal target customer.
- Continue to develop our pricing tiers and trial plans.
- Work with marketing to develop offers to drive leads and monitor ROI as well as develop case studies.
- Collaborate with Client Success to ensure a smooth campaign flow and strong retention.
- Min 3+ years SaaS sales experience (required)
- Experience selling MarTech or to brands/agencies
- Experience and knowledge of the digital and social ad landscape
- Successful history of meeting quarterly sales and retention goals (required)
- Start up experience a plus
Our ideal candidate:
- Knows how to prioritize
- Can manage large volumes of work while remaining organized and proactive
- Is excited about owning our growing SaaS platform revenue
- Can set expectations and be firm, fair, and friendly when reinforcing them
- Communicates well and often, both internally and externally
- Is comfortable making decisions on their own, but knows when to ask for help
- Cares about what we're building
- Is reliable; we need to depend on each other!
- Is patient, kind, respectful, and honest
Importantly, we're looking for someone who can be consultative and is a good listener versus someone who only pitches; the ideal candidate will understand what "value" means to our customer and can provide consultative strategies on the customer's business goals when it comes to influencer marketing and content creation.
We expect each other to be good enough to teach, but willing to listen and learn. It’s important to us to:
- build a great product
- be intentional about our culture
- have a diverse team
- foster community between our creators, brands, and ourselves
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Work when it works for you, with flexible work hours and a generous vacation policy
- Paid trip for two for your two year work-iversary and a paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Subsidized health care for you and your dependents
- Company 401(k)
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more
- A fresh laptop, noise-cancelling headphones, & a motorized sit/stand desk
- An amazing office in the West loop close to bars, food, & transportation