POPSUGAR is seeking a highly motivated strategic thinker, analytical and cross-functional marketer dedicated to launching, supporting, and scaling our licensing and brand initiatives. As the Brand Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing programs that drive brand awareness, conversion and enable revenue growth for POPSUGAR brand initiatives and its licensed products.
- Responsible executing the marketing strategy for POPSUGAR's marquee revenue and influence driving initiatives as determined by the manager. These initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Brand licensing + consumer products (Beauty by POPSUGAR, POPSUGAR at KOHL’s)
- POPSUGAR Play/Ground
- Management of always-on marketing campaigns from creative development to performance across all media channels (POPSUGAR O&O, display, search, paid, influencer, etc.) to support our licensed brands and key brand tentpoles including, POPSUGAR PlayGround.
- Participate in creative production, attending shoots to oversee content creation.
- Collaborate with internal departments including Creative, E-mail, Paid Social, Organic Social, Programming, Insights, Editorial and Communications for all marketing initiatives to create a unified consumer experience with aligns with goals across all channels.
- Oversee testing and optimization using first and third-party insights to demonstrate impact on revenue performance goals.
- Responsible for tracking performance, setting performance benchmarks, and implementing optimization plans to ensure annual, monthly, weekly goals are met.
- Responsible for weekly internal reporting and bi-weekly client reporting on overall channel performance to measure consumer marketing effectiveness and ROI.
- Weekly management of each brand’s marketing calendar and working cross-functionally to execute the plan.
- Create one-sheets and presentations to articulate marketing plans and ideas with management and broader teams.
- Liaise with retail/partner and internal creative team to review, approve and launch quarterly in-store creative.
- Manage and execute influencer seeding programs for our licensed brands.
- For POPSUGAR Play/Ground, work closely with Reed Exhibitions and all third-party partners to strategize and execute a robust marketing plan to support weekly ticket revenue goals.
- Explore, evaluate, and present emerging media and marketing tools + trends and recommending action to maximize opportunities for POPSUGAR.
- Additional tasks assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital consumer marketing, preferably experience in e-commerce, content and social marketing.
- Experience with crafting and executing successful, channel optimized, consumer solutions across a variety of marketing vehicles: paid, organic, social, influencer, direct, search, etc.
- Experience with testing and optimization and executing full-funnel marketing campaign tied to product sales goals.
- Is proficient with, CMS, tagging guide and deep understanding and familiarity with all Marketing Platforms ( Search, Google Display Network, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest), Analytics platforms (Google Analytics) and Omniture, Impact Radius etc.
- Collaborative, communicative, personable and skilled at the art of influencing and working through complex situations to reach a resolution.
- Deep analytical understanding of media data, metrics, and measurement; track record of distilling actionable insights from data to make data-driven decisions to help the business grow.
- Must be able to communicate technical aspects for campaign performance to manager in easily digestible manner.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills. Ability to write creative copy for campaigns.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
- Ability to think critically about problems, troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Effective time management skills.
- Enjoys working a highly detail-oriented role within a small interdisciplinary team.
Evening, weekend, and occasional offsite work is required as needed.
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such as POPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com