As a Visual Designer, you will be responsible for creating unique and compelling designs for the POPSUGAR brand and client-related pre-sale and post-sale programs.
POPSUGAR is seeking a talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Visual Designer to join our creative team in San Francisco. The Visual Designer will be responsible for creating unique and compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, and brand initiatives. This person will work closely with other designers, art directors, and cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects. POPSUGAR is a fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different. We’re looking for a Visual Designer that is passionate and ready to jump in and be creative!
Core duties and responsibilities
- Create visually engaging, innovative and functional designs for a variety of channels, including but not limited to digital, print, and experiential
- Produce work that aligns with all style guides for marketing and sales clients
- Update and/or prep existing Photoshop files for clients and export graphics for use on web, print, or in video
- Build branded Keynote and Google Slides decks, working off templates as well as developing new, creative ways for the executive and sales teams to pitch ideas to clients
- Illustrate assets for brand and sales on an as-needed basis
- Keep working files organized and follow best practices for file prepping/delivery
- Monitor the site and maintain consistent branding and visual accuracy
Idea generation and teamwork:
- Attend weekly creative meetings and brainstorms
- Take design direction from lead designers to improve visual composition
- Contribute new ideas for design treatments, planning, and strategy with the team
- Expert in design trends, passion for typography, and interest in beauty, culture, fashion, and lifestyle
- Keep up with news, technology, and content in media landscape
- Keep communication concise and professional
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of digital and print work. NOTE: Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected.
- 1+ years of experience in Graphic Design
- Degree in Graphic Design or relevant experience
- Creative with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Passionate about design and committed to making beautiful work!
- Exceptional work ethic
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering skills are a plus!
- Strong time management skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to collaborate and work with a large team
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Keynote, Google Slides, Sketch
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to changing digital landscape
Occasional evening, weekend, and offsite work is required as needed.
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such as POPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com