POPSUGAR is looking for a hard-working, fast-moving, internet-obsessed Content Director to join and lead our POPSUGAR Fitness vertical. Our ideal candidate is a veteran of the fitness and health space with experience leading content and strategy direction for an editorial team. If you’re skilled at shaping editorial strategy, leading daily news cycle, and managing a team, and ready to run one of POPSUGAR's largest verticals, we want to talk to you! This is a full-time position in San Francisco and New York.
- Oversee all content and traffic delivery for POPSUGAR's Fitness vertical
- Shape and direct popsugar.com/fitness content strategy using data and editorial expertise
- Manage Fitness editorial team
- Act as a representative of PS Fitness editorial for internal and partner meetings
- Work closely with video and social media teams to optimize fitness content for various platforms
- Lead editorial mission for Fitness hubs, special features, and brand extensions
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 6-12 years of experience in digital media, writing/editing, or a related field (preferably in the fitness and health space)
- Experience with setting content strategy and managing a team
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- Strong familiarity with social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- HTML and Photoshop skills
- A familiarity with and passion for the POPSUGAR brand.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such as POPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com