POPSUGAR Studios, a leading producer of social and online video lifestyle content, is looking for a dynamic Graphic Designer to join our Los Angeles or New York Social Video team. This role requires strong ability to handle multiple projects, and work with brand partners to develop compelling content on our Instagram Stories platform. You may also be asked to contribute to other design needs in the video department. This position is based in Culver City, CA or New York, NY.
- Create custom graphic design, illustrations, and gifs for POPSUGAR’s Instagram Stories channels – collaborating with producers and co-designer to design and create custom graphics for daily programming needs tied to celeb/entertainment, beauty, fitness, and women’s lifestyle.
- Lead design on native and branded campaigns for leading brands, and bridge POPSUGAR aesthetic with the client’s brand guidelines.
- Create and refresh design templates for ongoing Instagram Stories Series as needed
- Brainstorm innovative ways to create stories in-app using Instagram Stories design tools
- Potentially contribute to content in Celebrity, Fashion, Beauty, Healthy Living, and Fitness categories
- Collaborate with social team on Tik Tok content, ideating on creative ways to execute and design feed videos
- May also be asked to contribute to video GFX and treatment decks for clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- A design aesthetic that is pretty, fun, polished, youthful, and appeals to millennial women.
- Must have knowledge of post production workflow
- Experience in creative/design/production environment
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Instagram Stories design tools
- Excellent graphic design and illustration skills, including broad knowledge of typography
- Must be very organized and able to juggle several projects at different stages at a time.
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for the type of content POPSUGAR makes
- Understands the POPSUGAR brand and voice
- Can work positively and collaboratively with internal staff
- Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity
- Great organizational skills (both with media management & personally)
- Animation and motion graphics skills preferred ideal but not required
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such as POPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com