POPSUGAR is seeking a resourceful and highly-organized Digital Asset Coordinator to manage our creative Digital Asset Management system and workflows. The Digital Asset Coordinator will communicate and maintain the POPSUGAR visual brand aesthetic and technical standards for our internal photo library, POPSTOCK. This person will collaborate daily with internal and cross-functional teams, external retouchers, and outside vendors to maintain a high volume asset library.
We are looking for an expert at managing all aspects related to our digital assets, including rights-sensitive assets, and uploading and downloading functions. This person will oversee taxonomy creation, metadata schemas, tag files with relevant and descriptive keywords, and provide education to the company on proper usage.
- Responsible for DAM functionality; provide guidance and technical advice for internal and external users; oversee usernames, onboarding procedures, security settings, permissions, troubleshoot user issues and connected systems syncs, and report bugs and enhancements.
- Oversee retouching on all photography. Gather retouching notes from internal team members and provide consolidated direction to retouchers.
- Serve as the primary liaison between POPSUGAR and freelance retouchers and ensure that brand photography standards are being met.
- Manage and receive digital assets directly from internal teams and ensure photography is organized and available to POPSUGAR organization.
- Act as an internal creative touch point and coordinate delivery timelines with internal teams and ensure all assets are received and uploaded by deadlines.
- Own cataloging and file management; provide tagging, quality control, and final asset uploading and communication.
- Field photo search requests with internal teams and manage internal photography library and all incoming requests.
- Migrate assets between programs, manage databases and maintain archiving system.
- Handle various formats of digital assets including print, web and video.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements.
- Provide ongoing support to end users and promote best practices for digital content management systems use.
- Build, maintain, and promote digital naming conventions for consistent use throughout the organization.
- Assemble and distribute internal newsletter highlighting department announcements and examples of recent creative.
- 1-3 years of professional digital asset management, archiving, photo editing, or photo assisting experience.
- Fast learner with a proactive approach
- Be able to maintain a positive, flexible and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Solution and detail-oriented. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, with strong, client-service approach.
- Hands-on technical experience with cataloging, tagging, and naming within library systems and/or content management systems preferred.
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices, processes, and new tools.
- Be knowledgeable of technical photography trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape.
- Basic design skills preferred. (Photoshop, InDesign, Keynote, Google Docs)
- Proficiency with Adobe Cloud applications, preferred.
- Experience using Google Suite preferred.
POPSUGAR is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. We aim to make their lives easier and happier through positive and purpose-driven content, innovative technology, inspiring experiences, and thoughtfully curated products. We reach young women through our digital media brand POPSUGAR
, events such as POPSUGAR Play/Ground
, our quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have
, the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s
, and our makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR
. POPSUGAR reaches 300M readers across its platforms and 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com