General Labor work in a construction and Demolition Material recycling facility. Work involves sorting materials traveling on a conveyor belt. Clean up of plant and yard. Assist with plant maintenance and repair work. Work may be outside and is subject to weather conditions. Work includes extensive standing and walking. Normal work week is 48 hours but may vary depending on volume of material. Must be dependable and punctual.
Duties to include but not limited to: picking orders, receiving freight, loading and unloading trucks, maintaining a clean work area. We have a management right clause that allows the Company to use any associate in any capacity to fill needs of the business.
- Protects all company assets in the warehouse including non-stock merchandise.
- Sorts Material from a conveyor belt.
- Provides a safe and clean environment for warehouse personnel.
- Organizes all merchandise for annual inventory.
- Assists in inventory and reconciliation of inventory variances
- Sorts material outside on yard
- Supervises crush machines
- Assist in trash removal and recycling.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good time-management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Able to work in environment exposed to the elements, both hot and cold.
- Ability to communicate effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two to four years of previous warehouse experience.
Must be able to pass a Drug Test
Must be able to pass a Background Test (where applicable)