Polis is a place where we all care about what we do. Right now, we create canvassing software and data that better connects people in-person. Tomorrow we are encouraging organizations and people to communicate with each other in-person to make organizational relationships personal and meaningful again. Our vision is to interact with 300M Americans (100%) face-to-face.
We want you to join the team if you are a highly motivated, experienced data scientist who brings fresh and innovative ideas, if you have the experience to build high performance data processing systems and if you are enthusiastic about solving new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
We have so far knocked 10 million doors and have 66 million people in our database. As a crucial member of the Polis team, you will work on tasks related to analyzing our partners' data and building recommendation engines for them to improve their door-to-door outreach. You will help grow and lead our new corporate data science group and you will be critical to Polis’s growth as our fast-paced business scales and evolves.
Come be part of our success story!
What we need…
A data scientist who excels at:
- Working independently with minimal requirements
- Collaborating with a cross functional agile team spanning user research, design, product management, and engineering to build new product features based on data findings that advance our mission to better connect people and organizations in-person
- Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale for our thousands of active users
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling based on the data coming into our system
Who is an ideal fit…
- You have a strong background in data science, with at least 2 years of experience and expertise in personalized machine learning algorithms.
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- You preferably have experience with data pipeline tools like Apache Beam or even our open source API for it, Scio Experience with XGBoost, TensorFlow, or Google Cloud Platform is also a plus.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You love your customers even more than your code
What's in it for you…
- Generous equity offering
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Amazing team
- Millions of data points
- Chance to have significant impact on the design of an early-stage product
- All of the Skittles you could possibly eat
If you like what you've read here, please submit an application and we'll reach out. Not sure this is a fit for you? Shoot us an email and we'll be happy to chat :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.