Polis is a rapidly growing start-up focused on delivering solutions that coordinate and automate the logistics of canvassing efforts. By making it easier for organizations to spread their message door-to-door, our solutions have been used on two presidential campaigns and by corporate leaders in solar, home security, and a range of other industries. We are passionate about building clean UIs on top of rock-solid back-end systems.
We want you to join the team if you are a highly motivated engineering manager who will bring fresh and innovative ideas, if you have the experience to build high performance teams and if you are enthusiastic about solving new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Additionally, you are a great candidate if you have successfully implemented several database backed web based solutions using Node.js, Java, Python and/or related technologies, as well as experience in designing UIs in React, Angular or related languages.
As a crucial member of the Polis leadership team, you will work on a diverse group of tasks critical to Polis’s growth as our fast-paced business scales and evolves. You will be responsible for managing our engineering team as they work on projects spanning our stack.
Come be part of our success story!
What we need…
A software engineering manager who excels at:
- Leading technical planning sessions
- Shaping nebulous ideas into concrete and scalable architecture
- Breaking down broad pieces of functionality into small components
- Addressing customer issues, and providing technical support
- Teaching/learning new technologies on the fly
- Contributing high-quality and fully tested code
- Managing and mentoring junior engineers
- Optimizing development processes for speed, reliability and repeatability
Who is an ideal fit…
- 3+ years experience managing startup engineering teams.
- Deploying and managing scalable infrastructure with technologies such as Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with front end languages such as React or Angular.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Familiarity with SQL and database design.
- Ability to thrive in an agile, team oriented environment.
What's in it for you…
- Generous equity offering
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- All of the Skittles you could possibly eat
- Significantly impact the design of an early-stage product and the growth of an early stage company
- Great company culture
If you like what you've read here, please submit an application and we'll reach out. Not sure this is a fit for you? Shoot us an email and we'll be happy to chat :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.