Polis is a rapidly growing start-up focused on delivering solutions that coordinate and automate the logistics of canvassing efforts. By making it easier for organizations to spread their message door-to-door, our solutions have been used on two presidential campaigns and by corporate leaders in solar, home security, and a range of other industries. We are passionate about building clean UIs on top of rock-solid back-end systems.
We want you to join the team if you are a highly motivated software engineer who bring fresh and innovative ideas, if you have the experience to build high performance data collection and processing systems and if you are enthusiastic about solving new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Also, we would love to talk to you if you have successfully implemented several database backed web based solutions using Node.js, Java, Python and/or related technologies, as well as experience in designing UIs in React, Angular or related languages.
As a crucial member of the Polis team, you will work on a diverse group of tasks critical to Polis’s growth as our fast-paced business scales and evolves. You will be responsible for projects spanning our stack.
Come be part of our success story!
What we need…
A software engineer who excels at:
- Working independently with minimal requirements
- Participating in planning sessions
- Shaping nebulous ideas into concrete features
- Breaking down broad pieces of functionality into small components
- Addressing customer issues, and providing technical support
- Learning new technologies on the fly
- Crafting high-quality and fully tested code
- Mentoring junior engineers
Who is an ideal fit…
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with UI design languages such as React or Angular.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Familiarity with SQL and database design.
- Ability to thrive in an agile, team oriented environment.
- Agile workflows, such as Scrum or Kanban
- API-centric, microservice architectures
- HTTP, REST, and Swagger
- Deployment and build tools, such as Travis, Jenkins, Packer, or Vagrant
- RDBMS systems PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server
- NoSQL technologies such MongoDB, Couchbase, or RethinkDB
- Linux distros such as Ubuntu or CentOS
- Container technologies such as Docker, rkt, Nomad, or Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
What's in it for you…
- Generous equity offering
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to professional networking resources
- All of the Skittles you could possibly eat
- Learn new technologies, and contribute to open source projects
- Significantly impact the design of an early-stage product
If you like what you've read here, please submit an application and we'll reach out. Not sure this is a fit for you? Shoot us an email and we'll be happy to chat :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.