A wonderful outpatient clinic in New Jersey is in need of APRN - PMHNP to add to their growing practice. You will provide medication management and supportive counseling to your clients. A place where you can grow and provide excellent care to your clients.
Overview: Diagnose mental, emotional and behavioral disorders and prescribe medication or administer psychotherapeutic treatment in a collaborative agreement with the Program Psychiatrist.
Responsibilities include, under direct supervision of the Medical Director or Assigned Psychiatrist, but not limited to:
- Analyzes and evaluates client data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribes, directs, and administers psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Gathers and maintains client information and records, including social and medical history obtained from client, relatives, and other professionals.
- Advises and informs guardians, relatives and significant others of client’s condition and treatment.
- Prepares case reports and summaries for client, agency, and other agencies when applicable. 6. Other duties as assigned.
Appointment Type Time Allocation
Intake Assessments* 30‐45 Minutes Routine Follow up visits 15 Minutes
Risk Assessments (and special situations) 45‐60 Minutes
*When additional time is required for Intake Assessment of more complex situations, option to schedule follow up within 2‐5 days from Intake Assessment
Appointment Type Follow up Schedule
Intake Follow up is Scheduled 2 weeks after Intake
New Medication Follow up is Scheduled 2 weeks after new medication is prescribed
Routine Follow up visits thereafter 4 weeks (No Refills)
Requirements: Qualified clinicians will have an advanced practice nursing degree (CRNP, PMHNP, APRN, MSN‐FNP, GNP, PCNS or similar degree) and be licensed in New Jersey as a nurse practitioner or CNS as per N.J.A.C. 10:37D‐2.13(a)2. Nurse practitioners must also have a state controlled substance and DEA numbers. Prior behavioral health experience is required
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible work schedules
• Outpatient Practice Setting
• Collaborative Team Approach
• Only after hours on call options
• Contractor or Employee options
• Benefits Package
-Graduate of an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program and certified as a Psychiatric NP,
-Current DEA prescriptive authority
New Grad Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners welcome
New grads welcome to apply. for immediate consideration contact me at 573-514-3151 with questions or for more information.
Job Type: Full-time