Looking for a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with a Passion for Psychiatric Care. The PMHNP will be part of a dedicated team and will launch the Psychiatric Nursing Program for the clinic. The Practitioner will work between two offices and collaborate with the counseling services for assessments and medication management of youth and adults in behavioral care. There will be an external collaborative psychiatrist with whom the practitioner will collaborate with under a collaborative practice agreement which will be covered by the clinic. There will be a Certified Medical Assistant with whom will be a part of the collaborative team to assist with insurance pre-authorization, case load management, and client care. Liability Insurance will be covered by the clinic. Position will be with a clinical setting! We are looking to implement tele-psych and a preceptor program for students.
Salary: 120k with full benefits
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be able to provide high-quality, client-centered care
- Able to document and navigate EHR independently
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals involved in all aspects of programming – children, parents, school faculty and staff, grantors, funders, partner agencies, members of the community and team members of the clinic.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively on multidisciplinary team
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general and professional documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Ability to foster teamwork; train and direct the work of team members and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work productively and make independent decisions.
Minimum Required Education:
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Nursing with focus on Psychiatric nursing
- Graduation from a state certified advance practice program specializing in psychiatry/mental health
Minimum Required Experience/ Licenses/Certification
- At least 1-2 years providing direct client care to persons receiving treatment for psychiatric disorders
- Ability to work with both adult and youth/child populations
- Must be certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Psychiatric Mental Health (PMH) as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- An unrestricted license to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) in the state of Missouri
- Must have a valid DEA number and unrestricted DEA license in Missouri
- A state-issued Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) in each state where direct services will be provided.
- Registration with the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) in St. Louis County and for Missouri (when state-wide PNP is developed), where direct services will be provided
- Be able to Maintain credentials and licensure with all major insurance companies and licensing boards with the assistance of clinic.
Must be able to be independent and work in a collaborative environment