Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable for more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is simplifying and disrupting the multibillion-dollar telecom space.
Plivo is looking for Senior Product Managers to join our awesome team. The key focus for this role is about Why and What to build. In this role, you will work with engineering, marketing, sales and customer support to launch a new product and then enhance the same.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship a quality product in a fast-paced environment. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management.
1. Ownership of one of Plivo’s main revenue drivers
2. Managing the product backlog and prioritising product stories in engineering sprints
3. Working closely with the engineering teams on new features and critical bugs
4. The buck stops at you on the following key aspects of the product
- Product Quality -> Bugs, Uptime, Stability
- P & L -> Pricing & Margins.
- Growth -> Customer Acquisition, Churn and Go-To-Market for new features.
- Supportability -> Enabling Sales, Support, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success teams
5. Internal stakeholder management
- Roadmap visibility
- Expectation setting
- Product training programs
- Crisis management
6. External stakeholder management. Working with Plivo’s carrier partners on non-commercial aspects of the relationship
- At least 3 years of prior PM experience, preferably at an e-commerce company (on their Seller Side platform)
- Software development background and experience on REST APIs is preferred
- Experience with stakeholders and customer management
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and other benefits