Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for an experienced and driven technical expert to join our team.
As a NOC engineer at Plivo, your primary and only responsibility is to provide our customers 99.99% uptime and beyond by driving incident management and resolution. You will use your experience and knowledge to help communicate issues to key stakeholders and aid in troubleshooting incidents.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of a 24x7x365 rotational shift to monitor and mitigate incidents on Plivo Infrastructure and applications.
- You will execute Plivo Standard Operating Procedures when incidents occur and provide continuous feedback to optimize for speed, consistency and reliability of the procedures.
- You will perform proactive monitoring by reviewing real-time data from Plivo monitoring tools and take ownership of incidents.
- You will take the lead to ensure incidents are closed and appropriate action items are documented in our issue tracking tool.
- You will work closely with the Business, Customer Support, DevOps and Developers to troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- You will also provide feedback to stakeholders for the optimal configuration of alerts and monitoring parameters when there is a deviation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred.
- Minimum of 1+ years' working as a NOC engineer monitoring & troubleshooting critical production infrastructure on the Cloud.
- Hands-on experience in Linux System Operations/Administration
- Familiarity with shell scripting, ansible desired.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills at Network, Operating System and Web applications.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, applications and tools and share knowledge by maintaining up-to-date documentation of the same.
- Should be open to working in a 24x7x365 environment with rotational shifts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.