Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is simplifying and disrupting the multibillion-dollar telecom space.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed Systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud Detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 8+ years of hands-on experience on securing Linux, web applications on AWS Cloud
- Partner with Engineering teams to evangelize and execute best security practices
- Partner with Sales teams to advocate and help customers understand Plivo security
- Work with Plivo external partners for audit, compliance and security assessments
- Perform periodic security audits across functions and own resolution of security issues
- Drive Cloud, IT, Data standards, policies and procedures in the organization
- Familiar with agile methodologies for security implementation in Product development sprints
- Proficient in monitoring and automation of AWS threat detection, vulnerability, changes etc. using AWS tools (such as Systems Manager, Config, Inspector, Trusted Advisor, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Guard Duty, Macie, Shield, etc.)
- Experience performing automated code audits on Python and Go
- Knowledge of industry-standard cloud security best practices and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with Open Source licenses and security tools
- Engineer security testing workflows as part of DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in reviewing architecture, design and best practices for AWS Cloud
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits