Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is simplifying and disrupting the multibillion-dollar telecom space.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices
Plivo is looking for an experienced manager to manage a dynamic team, oversee the support delivery, talent management and customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for managing and developing some of the brightest technical talents which drive customer satisfaction and product support which is critical to Plivo's success.
As one of the innovative platforms on Cloud Telephony the support teams at Plivo helps the ever increasing global customer base each year. We deliver technical support to our business customers on a variety of our services and products.
As part of this role you will be managing support teams during the shift time to ensure excellent support delivery for high customer satisfaction, manage escalations proactively and reactively, do the workforce planning and staffing, coach and guide the team, participate in the regular business meeting to present the status to executives, performance review for the team, drive technical and professional role readiness, recognizes and develop individuals' strengths in the team, align to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results, be an influencer and collaborate with relevant teams internally to drive the change that enhances the customer experience etc.
- Technical troubleshooting/ debugging experience, programming experience preferably in open source language(s) [PHP, PYTHON, RUBY, JAVA etc], knowledge in database, SQL queries
- Minimum 3+ years of strong people management experience managing diverse teams, headcount & staffing plans
- Minimum 5 years solid support or technical service delivery experience to global customers
- Business data analysis and good skills in tools such as MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Extremely customer focused
- Program management skills
- Deal with ambiguity and resolve it
- Should be comfortable working in Night shift
- Manage and lead the support team with focus on team performance.
- Lead, schedule, and coordinate daily work, meetings, and projects relevant to the team and unit.
- Be on top of the Plivo products, offerings and day to day business operations
- Focus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery and understanding customer needs around speed, quality and value.
- Drive support excellence initiatives to enhance customer's support experience.
- Prepare business continuity plan from support delivery perspective
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables.
- Be responsible to assess employees’ performance on a regular basis
- Ensure team members develop their professional skills through active participation in relevant events, training, mentoring and communities.
- Manage high priority escalations with finesse. Take charge of the situation at your level and respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, internal escalation/ engineering teams, upper management, and ensure robust status communication.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.