Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for an experienced and driven technical expert to join our team.
As a part of the NOC team, NOC Lead will work with NOC Manager and NOC Engineers to ensure the efficient functioning of the NOC team. NOC lead is expected to be hands-on technically and will be responsible for the team meeting or exceeding the defined SLA’s. He will be required to own and drive any gaps in process, documentation in consultation with the NOC Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise a 24x7x365 Network Operation Center (NOC) shift operations roster and personnel and stand-in for the NOC Manager when required.
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with all stakeholders (Business, Product Management, and Engineering).
- Ensure that the NOC operates within predetermined Service Level Agreements.
- Manage detailed documentation associated with processes and procedures (run books).
- Manage the Plivo escalation matrix in consultation with various stakeholders so that the right people get escalated on time for faster issue resolution.
- Hire, train, mentor and help grow Level 1 / Level 2 engineers.
- Evaluate and recommend productivity and process tools for the team.
- Coordinate efforts to identify and document root cause and recommended solutions.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
- Strong experience in process and process development including the development and measurement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements metrics, ticket resolution and customer issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred.
- With a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Network Operations Centre is required with an overall experience of 6+ years.
- Process certification like ITIL is a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel throughout the network, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers.
- Experience in schedule roster, people management and conflict resolution.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, VMWare, GoogleCloud, Azure, etc.
- The ability to work proactively in a data and performance metric-driven way of team and process management.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications/tools.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.