Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space.
Plivo is a Cloud API Platform for Voice and SMS. Our mission is to simplify global telecom and enable access to quality cloud communications at an affordable cost. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
People at Plivo are extremely passionate about creating an impact on the Industry and their Customers. Plivo is looking to further grow this team with people who are equally passionate, self-starters and desperate to make an impact with their work.
As a Technical Writer, you will create user documentation that will help simplify integrations with Plivo. You will also work with the Engineering and Product teams to keep our documentation updated with the latest features.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine documentation needs for new features and product enhancements
- Write complete, accurate, and clear documentation
- Improve existing documentation to help improve on-boarding and education
- Organize the content layout to fit the documentation taxonomy
- Create clear and well-structured content to enable quick and easy integration
- 2 - 5 years experience in writing technical documentation
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new concepts, skills, and tools
- Ability to work independently and reliably
- Knowledge of Markdowns and HTML authoring is a plus
- Knowledge in API Documentation is a plus
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Commission plans that are the best in the industry
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Equity options
- Generous leave policy