Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors like Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google, and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion-dollar telecom space.
We are seeking a high-performing Product Marketing Manager, responsible for customer insights, go-to-market strategy, and new customer growth for our core API platform. The position involves leadership, project management, and cross-functional coordination with Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Support, and other stakeholders.
Join us for a unique opportunity to work across the full product lifecycle, from helping shape product updates to driving new customer activation, and product engagement.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 7+ years
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategic marketing programs to drive new customer acquisition of Plivo’s SMS and Voice API platform
- Own the creation of marketing content and programs that crisply articulate the value proposition to relevant audience segments, including content for the website, blog posts, videos, webinars, and other content marketing
- Enrich our internal knowledge of our core customer segments and develop both the buyer personas and the target account profiles to guide all Marketing and Sales efforts
- Continuously look for ways to capture customer insights to influence the product experience and shape relevant messaging to attract and convert high-intent prospects
- Work with Sales on an on-going basis to ensure the team has the proper information about the product, advance knowledge of product feature updates, key talking points, and sales support materials; capture and address feedback from Sales about content needs and collaboration opportunities
- Working with Product Management to plan and prioritize marketing efforts supporting key product feature releases
- Own internal communication/training to ensure Sales and Customer Success teams are well-versed in the product features, benefits, and uses cases
- Serve as subject matter expert for the competitive environment and our competitive position
- Work with Marketing to deliver 3-5 published customer case studies per quarter
- 7+ years of experience in B2B product marketing, with direct customer interaction
- Experience working with an API-based product and/or web development experience
- Demonstrated ability to work equally easily with technical product managers as with creative writers
- Successful experience in creating content such as blogs, webinars, videos that aligns to buying stages and increases conversion rates (creation may be done in collaboration with internal or external specialists such as writers or video editors)
- Strong communication and writing skills critical
- Natural tendency to look for data to guide decision
- Agile and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across organizations in multiple geographic locations
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working with ambiguity, taking initiative and getting things done with minimal guidance
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Anyone authorized to work in the US is encouraged to apply.
- Position can be based in any US city
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Commission plans that are the best in the industry
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Equity options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Generous leave policy