Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for an experienced and driven technical expert to join our team.
As a part of the NOC team, the NOC Manager will be responsible for supervising a 24x7 team of NOC Engineers. The NOC Manager will be responsible for incident management and resource management for the NOC team. He should be customer-obsessed and passionate about delivering uptime for mission-critical communication services to Plivo customers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise a 24x7x365 Network Operation Center (NOC) shift operations roster, headcount & staffing plans.
- Ensure proactive monitoring to meet 99.99% uptime SLA of Plivo infrastructure and applications
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, issues and communication with all stakeholders (Business, Product Management, Customer Support, and Engineering).
- Maintain up-to-date documentation associated with NOC, Incident, Root Cause, etc and procedures (run books).
- Manage the Escalation Matrix in consultation with various stakeholders.
- Hire, train, mentor and grow high-performance Level 1 / Level 2 technical engineers.
- Take ownership of incidents and drive urgency in troubleshooting issues with stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend productivity tools for the team to achieve the goals within defined SLAs.
- Strong experience in process and process development including the development and measurement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Generate periodic key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements metrics, issue resolution, and customer issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of technical experience in a managerial capacity in NOC is required with an overall experience of 8+ years
- Must have the ability to communicate, motivate, and deliver results by collaborating with all stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers, executives, engineers, vendors, and peers.
- Be a strong people manager to manage effective 24x7 operations with exceptional people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have strong troubleshooting, problem-solving skills with hands-on experience on Linux & Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google cloud
- The ability to work proactively in a data and performance metric-driven way of team and process management.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, applications, and tools.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.