Plivo is a Cloud API Platform and a Global Carrier Services Provider for Voice and SMS. Our mission is to simplify global telecom and enable access to quality cloud communications at an affordable cost.
Plivo is a YC company and backed by some of the best investors in the Valley such as Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm, SV Angel, some of which are the same investors who had originally invested in Google, Airbnb, Facebook.
Our story goes back to 2011, when our co-founders, Mike and Venky, accidentally exchanged messages on Github. Each had been seeking a robust communications platform to easily add Voice and SMS capabilities to their web applications. Yet, they couldn't find one that matched their standards, so they decided to build their own; hence Plivo Open Source was born.
Soon after the project took off and developed into a full-featured cloud platform called Plivo. Since then, we've already helped businesses of all sizes build popular Voice and SMS applications including call centers, conferencing, two-factor authentication, mobile notifications, and many more.
People at Plivo are extremely passionate about creating an impact on the Industry and their Customers. Plivo is looking to further grow this team with people who are equally passionate, self-starters and looking to make an impact with their work.
The Customer Success Manager will develop and nurture long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders across International regions. He/She would liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams in a proactive and timely manner to ensure successful adoption of Plivo’s offerings to customer needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Single point of contact for all post-sale on-boarding activities which involve serving as an intermediary between support, engineering, and sales.
- Own the go-live process from Stage 5-(closure) onward
- Identify clients who can become references for Plivo and facilitate the engagement with marketing
- Develop and execute the customer relationship strategy to ensure every customer receives maximum value from the services
- Cultivate, nurture and grow new business relationships in order to leverage and establish effective account management for new accounts
- Be the Voice of the Customer within the organisation, identifying and communicating the key factors required to effectively drive adoption. Where possible contribute to product roadmap based on customer/market requirements
- Own the Net Promoter Score for each client. Establish a mechanism to measure customer satisfaction and come up with a plan to execute to better this index
- Identify at-risk customers early on and establish a successful account management routine to improve the customer experience
- Establish a business review cadence where success factors are jointly agreed with the customer and executed thereafter
- Drive customer loyalty with a growing reference pool of customers
- Measure and reduce churn rates to acceptable levels
- Should have prior services or post sale implementation experience dealing with global clients
- Experience working in any of the following programming languages - Java, Python, PHP would be a plus.
- Will own both project management and technical implementation details for client deployments
- 9 to 12 years of work experience, international geographies - preferably EMEA
- Must be highly energetic and good at building relationships, motivated by a performance-based compensation plan
- Must have managed a team as he/she will be solely responsible for building the team here in India.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Good presentation skills
- Must be someone who loves talking to customers and helping them find solutions to their needs
- Willingness to adapt and align to the growth aspirations of Plivo
- Culturally align and fit into a high-performance culture. Flexibility with time zones to manage customers or collaborate with colleagues across the globe
- Should be willing to start work as an individual contributor, being the first hire for this function
- Passion for continuously delivering positive, measurable, sustainable results
- Self-driven, motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire for high achievement
- Embrace change. Thrives working in a fast-paced, evolving, innovative environment where you are empowered to sell.
- Team player who can engage with other functions to deliver a better customer experience and drive collaboration
- Startup work culture, Empowerment to plan and execute
- Commission plans that are the best in the industry
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Equity options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Generous leave policy