Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 150+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space.
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven product engineer to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices
- Own and implement features used by large customers like Truecaller, Mozilla, Zomato, Netflix, etc.
- Performance, Security and Usability goals are in DNA.
- Full ownership and accountability of microservices which includes day-to-day operations and maintenance.
- Business and technical Metric definitions and reviews
- Drive CI & CD
- Evaluate technologies and development stacks for API based platform which scales to 100,000 transactions per second.
- Perform push-button deployments of any version of the software to any environment on demand
- Own end to end life cycle of the product from requirement analysis, design, development, test, release and maintenance.
- Develop reusable tools/libraries
- Identify opportunities for automation and collaboration points.
- Continuously improve cycle time, throughput, and code quality.
- Continuously improve value-adding-activities/non-value-adding activities ratio.
- 4 - 6 years of experience
- Must have worked on any one or more : Golang, Django, Flask, Redis, memcache, Postgres, Celery, DynamoDB, Nginx, Linux, Git, AWS, Docker
- Proficient in at-least one OO language: Python/Golang(preferred)
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Excellent microservices pattern understanding.
- Ability to define cross core contracts and bring them to closure through collaboration.
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience working with AWS components [EC2, S3, SNS, SQS]
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- Working knowledge of Git and proficiency with at-least one build server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo
- Experience in Telecom domain is a plus
- Experience with AWS & API's is a plus.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.