Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is simplifying and disrupting the multibillion-dollar telecom space.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, Free SWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Micro-services
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are growing fast and need someone to join our marketing team to play a crucial role in positioning our products/services and grow our online presence through web design. This is a hands-on position and perfect for someone who loves producing high-quality web assets while utilizing a full range of mediums and design tools. As an enterprise company, cohesively designed web assets are a catalyst for our digital marketing strategy, which directly impacts our company growth.
As part of a startup, this role will be fast-paced and willingness to learn and gain a deep understanding of our product and target customers will be keys to success at Plivo. You should also share our passion for solving problems for users, and strive to create visually simple, novel and elegant solutions utilizing top design standards and a full range of web design tools. This role will report to the Senior Product Designer in Bangalore and will be based in Bangalore, India.
As a front-end developer, you will collaborate with the marketing team and other internal stakeholders to:
- Create new and edit existing web pages to fit different content mediums including blogs, eBooks, newsletters, whitepapers, case studies, powerpoints, print materials, coupon cards, brochures, reports, and other content that is suitable for the enterprise market. All content will also align with our brand image, product specifications, and framed in the most simple yet effective user experience possible.
- Plan, create and develop end presentation layers for digital properties including websites, landing pages, and microsites in accordance with leading software and graphic design principles.
- Test the effectiveness, quality, and search engine optimization of the designed solutions.
- Take the lead on redesigning Plivo’s websites to deliver clear brand messages and polished user experience.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Compare existing website design and interaction patterns with industry best practices to adopt design elements into a standard library.
- Establish and document development standards and common components for use across all company web assets.
- Conduct website user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Handle multiple projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Engineering or related degree in web design or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a front-end developer or related position designing web-based assets
- CSS Preprocessing
- Responsive Design
- Knowledge of Version Control/Git and Browser Developer Tools
- Full proficiency with software and front-end design principles and ability to communicate simple and user-friendly web designs through prototyping and wireframing tools a must
- Working knowledge of any programming knowledge.
- Must have a strong knowledge of CMS development (e.g., Wordpress) and be comfortable working with a landing page platform development environment (e.g., Unbounce)
- Experience with website analytics tools, applying tracking codes (e.g., Google Webmasters Tools, Google Analytics, etc.) and integrating REST APIs is preferred.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design and website performance.
- An online portfolio or samples of work is required
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits