Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 150+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space. We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi-billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning. We are looking for a talented and a driven product engineer to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Micro services
- You will be a self-driven, hard-working UI engineer with an eye for detail.
- You will build solutions that’ll be used by thousands of enterprises globally.
- You will meld UX and great looking UI while keeping excellent code quality.
- You will thrive in a collaborative team environment and work with challenging timelines.
- Design and build web apps which are scalable, puts user experience front and center.
- Develop modular UI components for company-wide reuse.
- Evolve a common design language for UI across apps.
- Establish and advocate front-end coding guidelines.
- Iterate UI features with high speed.
- Work with ambiguous product requirements and shared backend APIs.
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge in Bootstrap, Responsive UI, jQuery, Object Oriented JS, AJAX and Single Page Apps
- Expert in at-least one MVC framework: Angular(preferred), React, Vue.JS, Knockout, Ember etc
- Good understanding of security principles: Session management, XSS, CSRF etc
- Good understanding of cross browser compatibility
- Good understanding of at least one HIG: Material design or iOS HIG
- Working knowledge on templating frameworks like LESS/SASS
- Working knowledge on Grunt/Gulp/Webpack/Bower