Plivo is a fast-growing startup backed by some of the best investors in the world including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Qualcomm Ventures and Battery Ventures. We’ve raised $2M thus far and are looking to expand into international markets and we need someone who’s excited to grow with us.
Below are some recent press:
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven product engineer to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU
- You will be a self-driven, hard-working automation engineer with an eye for quality.
- You will be responsible for ensuring code quality for software that’ll be used by thousands of enterprises globally.
- You will build test frameworks and set the standard for company-wide automation initiatives.
- You will thrive in a collaborative team environment and work with challenging timelines.
- Design and build test frameworks which are easy to use and open for extension.
- Enable test automation for a large suite of web apps and services.
- Drive test coverage and code quality of rapidly iterated apps and services.
- Establish build/deploy pipeline for components built with varied tech stacks(Python, Golang).
- Develop test plans and strategies for new features/components with a focus on automation.
- Mentor fellow engineers on test frameworks, strategies and coverage.
- Work across team to figure out the requirement and priority
- Proficient in at-least one OO language: Python(preferred) / Java / Ruby
- Expert in at-least one web automation framework: Selenium(preferred) / Watir
- Proficient in performance testing tools: JMeter(preferred)
- Good understanding of software architecture: Front-end MVC frameworks, Rest APIs
- Good understanding of testing principles: Stress testing, Functional/Regression testing, Code coverage, TDD/BDD, UAT
- Working knowledge of VCS and proficiency with at-least one continuous integration server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Python based framework(eg robot) is plus.
- Must have passion for quality and automation
- Must have ability to work in agile environment
- Strong inclination towards open source
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits