Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU
- You will be a self-driven, hard-working automation engineer with an eye for quality.
- You will be responsible for ensuring code quality for software that’ll be used by thousands of enterprises globally.
- You will build test frameworks and set the standard for company-wide automation initiatives.
- You will thrive in a collaborative team environment and work with challenging timelines.
- Voice testing
- Design and build voice test frameworks which are easy to use and open for extension.
- Drive test coverage and code quality of rapidly iterated apps and services.
- Establish build/deploy pipeline for components built with varied tech stacks(Python, Golang).
- Develop test plans and strategies for new features/components with a focus on automation.
- Work across team to figure out the requirement and priority
- 5 - 10 years of experience in VoIP(SIP) testing or dev
- At least one year experience in automation voice tests
- Good understanding of protocols like SIP,RTP, RTCP etc.
- Experience and exposure in media server, sip server, sbc etc
- Hands on experience in sipp or pjsip or any other equivalent voice scripting tool.
- Experience in opensource server like freeswitch, kamailio, asterisk is preferred.
- Experience in debugging using packet analyzer like wireshark.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, networking
- Proficient in at-least one OO language: Python(preferred) / Java
- Good understanding of testing principles: Stress testing, Functional/Regression testing, Code coverage, TDD/BDD
- Working knowledge of VCS and proficiency with at-least one continuous integration server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Python based framework(eg robot) is plus.
- Must have passion for quality and automation
- Must have ability to work in agile environment
- Strong inclination towards open source
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.