Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is simplifying and disrupting the multibillion-dollar telecom space.
Looking for an experienced and driven technical expert to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Python, Redis, AWS, Kinesis, Postgres/DynamoDB/Redshift, Docker, VueJS, Django, Terraform
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Distributed systems, Routing, Rate limiting, Fraud detection & Prevention, SMS, MMS and HTTP based protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, AWS, Microservices
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own, design and implement cloud-based solutions that are used globally.
- Architect solutions for High Availability, Low Latency and High Throughput for a rapidly growing business.
- Evaluate technology stacks for API platforms that scale to more than 100,000 transactions per second.
- Bar raiser for coding principles and engineering practices.
- Work with open source community and develop reusable tools / libraries.
- Mentor junior developers on technical aspects
- 10+ year's overall development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in developing object-oriented software, with experience in one or more relevant languages (Go, Python, Java)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with Microservices and AWS.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to solve complex problems
- Good analytical and problem solving skills