Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space.
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven tester to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU
- You will be a self-driven, hard-working automation engineer with an eye for quality.
- You will be responsible for ensuring code quality for software that’ll be used by thousands of enterprises globally.
- You will build test frameworks and set the standard for company-wide automation initiatives.
- You will thrive in a collaborative team environment and work with challenging timelines.
- Design and build test frameworks which are easy to use and open for extension.
- Enable test automation for a large suite of web apps and services.
- Drive test coverage and code quality of rapidly iterated apps and services.
- Establish build/deploy pipeline for components built with varied tech stacks(Python, Golang).
- Develop test plans and strategies for new features/components with a focus on automation.
- Mentor fellow engineers on test frameworks, strategies and coverage.
- Work across team to figure out the requirement and priority
- 5-8 years of experience
- Proficient in at-least one OO language: Python(preferred) / Java / Ruby
- Expert in at-least one web automation framework: Selenium(preferred) / Watir
- Proficient in performance testing tools: JMeter(preferred)
- Good understanding of software architecture: Front-end MVC frameworks, Rest APIs
- Good understanding of testing principles: Stress testing, Functional/Regression testing, Code coverage, TDD/BDD, UAT
- Working knowledge of VCS and proficiency with at-least one continuous integration server: Jenkins / Travis / Bamboo
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Python based framework(eg robot) is plus.
- Must have passion for quality and automation
- Must have ability to work in agile environment
- Strong inclination towards open source
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits