Plivo is a Cloud API Platform and a Global Carrier Services Provider for Voice and SMS. Our mission is to simplify global telecom and enable access to quality cloud communications at an affordable cost.
Plivo is a YC company and backed by some of the best investors in the Valley such as Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm, SV Angel, YC. Some of which are the same investors who had originally invested in Google, AirBnB, Facebook.
Our story goes back to 2011, when our co-founders, Mike and Venky, accidentally exchanged messages on Github. Each had been seeking a robust communications platform to easily add Voice and SMS capabilities to their web applications. Yet, they couldn't find one that matched their standards, so they decided to build their own; hence Plivo Open Source
Soon after the project took off and developed into a full-featured cloud platform called Plivo
. Since then, we've already helped 1000's of businesses of all sizes build popular Voice and SMS applications including call centers, conferencing, two-factor authentication, mobile notifications, and many more.
People at Plivo are extremely passionate about creating an impact on the Industry and their Customers. Plivo is looking to further grow this team with people who are equally passionate, self-starters and desperate to make an impact with their work.
The Regional Director will be responsible for growing new and existing business focusing on a targeted subset of enterprise accounts. The role will include responsible to own the end-to-end sales cycle from prospecting, opportunity development, onboarding and closure.The Enterprise Sales Executive will be responsible to achieve quotas from identified accounts within the North American market. This role will report to the VP of Sales, Americas.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 10+ years
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will own a targeted set of existing and new customers (approximately 20) in total.
- Will own forecast and monthly, quarterly commit
- Will own the execution of our major accounts strategy and as such will require leadership skills to manage engineering, product management and support expectations along with the customers’ needs.
- Will be responsible for generating revenue from targeted accounts. Responsibility will include incremental revenue growth by upselling and cross-selling into these accounts
- End to end ownership of Identifying, creating, developing, negotiating and closing high value opportunities
- Own the entire commercial engagement from proposal development, pricing strategy, negotiation to close
- Work with internal teams in a collaborative manner to execute account specific sales strategies and also to ensure a smooth onboarding of the customer
- Develop and grow Plivo visibility and relationships across multiple levels within the customer organisation. Navigate through decision makers and influencers
- Own the relationship management with key decision makers and stakeholders within the customer organisation
- A problem solver and smart decision maker who the ability to respond to challenging demands of customers in a constructive manner
- Experience running major or global accounts is a plus (Global Account Manager, Global Account Executive, Client Directors etc.)
- Experience with financial engineering is a plus.
- Proven track record of consistently achieving quotas and closing complex enterprise deals while continuously growing business in a highly competitive environment
- Experience of selling technology solutions into technology audience such as CTOs, Engineering, CEO/Co-founders, Product Managers while securing the trust and confidence of all clients
- Should be able to identify opportunities even before they exist and craft them to a successfully securing that business
- Ability to engage with executives across multiple levels and functions from the client organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and analytical
- Self-driven, motivated with self-confidence, patient and a strong desire for high achievement
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Commission plans that are the best in the industry
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Equity options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Generous leave policy