Plivo is a Global Cloud API Platform for Voice and SMS. Our mission is to simplify global telecom and enable access to quality cloud communications at an affordable cost. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions.
We are a leader in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. The company received seed funding in 2012 from Andreessen Horowitz, has been profitable for the last 4 years, is growing at 100% in revenue year over year and currently employees 160+ people. There are very few companies in technology with this kind of financial valuation, including our competitors!
The Contracted (Spanish/English) Translator is responsible for transcribing documents from the source language into a target language. The goal is to have the translated documents read as if it were in the original language. Translation projects range from PPT decks, to marketing material to product specifications.
- Accurately transcribe documents from the source language to the target language
- Effectively relay the style, tone and original meaning of the original document
- Properly transmit any cultural references, including slang and other expressions that do not translate literally
- Manage work schedules to meet deadlines in order to submit assignments in a timely manner
- Master’s degree in Translation
- Speak, read, and write fluently in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- American Translators Association Certified (preferred)
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Translators must be fluent in both languages. Being a native speaker is a plus!
- Excellent writing, computer and telephone skills in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Previous work experience in the translation industry is a plus.
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Open culture and working with a dynamic team
- Generous leave policy