Plivo is a cloud communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. We help simplify the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Our infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 10.9 billion dollars by 2022. Started in the year 2011 and has been backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz who were also early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and Airbnb. Plivo is also part of YCombinator, a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is profitable since more than 4 years. With a team of about 180+ members spread between its US & India offices, Plivo today has over 70000 customers from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions.
Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well-known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven product engineer to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud Detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Microservices
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 5 to 8 years experience
- Experience managing large AWS infrastructure as code
- Good knowledge of Linux Systems
- Working experience of CI/CD on AWS
- Senior SRE experience managing mission critical web infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of administration of monitoring & logging at scale
- Experience with Zero downtime deployments on AWS with canary, blue-green and rolling deployments with minimal impact to traffic
- Advanced knowledge of AWS services - CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, ECS, VPC, Route53, Docker
- Ubuntu / Debian Linux experience
- Jenkins Pipeline / CircleCI exposure
- Python / Node / Ruby / Go scripting experience
- Graphite/Grafana/Sensu experience
- Hands-on expertise of Puppet/Chef/Ansible configuration systems
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, Kinesis
- Log Analysis at Scale
- Containers and Microservices Architecture experience
- Extensive experience using monitoring, log analysis tools such as Grafana, ELK for debugging purposes
- Responsible for mission-critical service uptime
- Worked on oncall during non-business hours to debug code/infrastructure and network issues
- Understands in-depth multi-tiered modern web architectures
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.