Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Anderson Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space.
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven engineer to join our team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and implement telephony networks with various components like SIP proxies, registrar, media-servers, billing systems etc in an environment that is a mix of cloud and hardware servers.
- Ensure that the architecture is highly available, fault tolerant and highly scalable
- Build modules for open source telephony software like Kamailio, OpenSIPs, Freeswitch.
- Be acknowledged as the standard setter and bar raiser for coding principles and standards.
- Develop reusable tools / libraries.
- Integrate individual components with other parts of the backend like billing system etc.
- Work towards making the platform even more scalable.
- Experience of working with telephony protocols like SIP, SDP, RTP, webRTC.
- Good Knowledge of Linux.
- Strong in C programming.
- Prior experience working with asterisk, freeswitch, kamailio or openSIPs.
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours.
- Endless snacks and beverages.
- Free gym membership.
- Competitive salary and medical benefits.