Plivo is a communications platform that enables businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers. Plivo simplifies the notorious complexity of telecom by offering simple and enterprise grade building blocks. Plivo's infrastructure handles billions of voice calls and messages every year from businesses around the world.
Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) space.
We are dedicated to simplify and disrupt the multi billion telecom market. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented and a driven Software Development Manager to join our team.
WHAT STACK WE USE
Golang, Django, Python, Flask, Redis, Postgres, Celery, Nginx, Kamailio, FreeSWITCH, SIP, React, WebRTC, Linux, Android, iOS.
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES WE WORK UPON
Networking, Distributed systems, Big Data, Least Cost Routing, Billing, Invoicing, Analytics, Fraud detection & Prevention, VOIP protocols, SMS Protocols, Cloud Infra, Web and Mobile Platforms, Micro-services
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable creation of innovative, high quality technological solutions and platforms with larger impact than just the business needs.
- Partner with senior ICs for long term technology selection, product architecture and design.
- Provide technical guidance to the team for tactical tech decision making and unblocking.
- Build a high performing/effective teams.
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach and guide to his team.
- Help ensure building and executing on common charter between engineering and business.
- Complete responsibility and accountability for one's own performance and team's performance.
- Ownership of all SDLC processes and continuous improvement.
- Ownership of all quality practices in the team.
- 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in people management.
- Ability to make sound hiring decisions
- Contributes to product definition and evolution
- Communicates Effectively
- Ability to define granular charter for the team
- Ability to partner with stakeholders (Product / Support / Business / Operations / Sales)
- Ability to define core contracts and bring them to closure through collaboration.
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Informal work style, startup culture with flexible work hours
- Endless snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Competitive salary and medical benefits