Plivo is amongst the leading Service Providers in the CPaaS market, which is estimated to grow to a whopping 8 billion dollars by 2019. Plivo started in 2011 and has been backed by investors as Andreessen Horowitz who are also the early stages investors in the companies such as Facebook, Google and AirBnB. Plivo is also part of YCombinator a most sought after incubation in the Valley and is now profitable as well. Plivo has a team of about 200+ members spread between its US & India offices. Plivo has 1000’s of businesses from around the globe who trust us with their Voice and Messaging needs including helping them manage their Customer interactions. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow with us and be part of a company that is disrupting a multibillion dollar telecom space.
Plivo is a Cloud API Platform for Voice and SMS. Our mission is to simplify global telecom and enable access to quality cloud communications at an affordable cost. Our cloud-powered Voice and SMS APIs allow businesses to build communication applications that are scalable, low cost, and global. Thousands of well known businesses are already built using Plivo including popular conferencing solutions, mobile communication apps, SMS marketing software, and business phone solutions and this is just the beginning.
People at Plivo are extremely passionate about creating an impact on the Industry and their Customers. Plivo is looking to further grow this team with people who are equally passionate, self-starters and desperate to make an impact with their work.
The Solutions Architect will support the sales team with technical expertise, offering guidance and support for new implementations across a spectrum of clients including Enterprise, Mid-market and SMB across the North America, Canada & LATAM regions. The ideal candidate will both support sales teams and also liaise with internal cross-functional teams for smooth on-boarding of all prospects as they go live with production.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 4+ years
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a single point of contact for new clients from the initial qualification call to go-live in production
- Own the pre-sales solution design and post-sale implementation hand-off to Customer Success Manager
- Ensure customer delight during the on-boarding process by ensuring a smooth and timely on-boarding
- Recommend the right products and help with solution design for clients based on their use case, plus recommend best practices for implementing them
- Review and debug code in various languages based on customer need
- Understand and tweak existing code examples in various languages as per customer use cases
- Become an API expert who is able to help design and ensure best adoption of our cloud platform
- Qualify technical feasibility and “good fit” on all sales-related opportunities
- Support the sales process with proof of concept, building demo apps, solution demos, response to RFP’s
- Identify market trends based on customer discussions and relay that to Product Management and Engineering teams
- Contribute and assist with creating helper libraries. Create any technical documents that may be required on a case-by-case basis
- A problem solver and smart decision maker who the ability to respond to challenging demands of customers in a constructive manner
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solver with discipline
- Team player who can collaborate internally with multiple functions in a constructive manner
- Ability to handle a high number of customer transactions while ensuring a personalised approach to customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to create custom presentations for customers related to their solution and pitch Plivo’s value proposition in a convincing manner
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language -- development or telephony experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience in modern API-driven web architectures and best practices
- Self-driven, motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire for high achievement
- Empowerment to plan and execute
- Commission plans that are the best in the industry
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Equity options
- Generous leave policy