PlayVS is building the infrastructure and official platform for high school esports. We work with game publishers and high school governing bodies to build and operate sanctioned leagues across the country. PlayVS is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and is rapidly expanding.
As the Marketing Communications Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to set the story and vision for the platform. You love testing and trying new ideas and driving creative innovation through storytelling.
You’ll help us:
- Set executive communication strategies and oversee how the brand is launched to 20K+ high schools throughout North America
- Generate engaging public relations programs that showcase our brand values
- Drive innovation by generating the maximum value from our partnerships with our vendors, especially our PR and brand agencies
- Write copy that ranges from delightful to sophisticated. You have no problems creating content, articles, SEO posts, web updates, or flyers for different audiences
- Understand our competitive positioning and aggressively devise plans to advance it
- Provide white glove service while handling arrangements for key influencers and major media outlets
- Manage the calendar for industry meetings, panels, conferences and special events
- 5+ years of experience managing communications strategies and events
- Previously managed an events budget of $300k+
- Sports marketing background preferred but not required
- Ability to form strong relationships while balancing the demands of multiple stakeholders
- A history of making things happen on time and under budget
- Excellent written and verbal skills. You enjoy well crafted communications and have an eye for detail